It was Russell Brand who I heard speak about Bookie Books first and it's kind of stuck.
As I depart the UK for a fairly lengthy spell in the big mountains once again, it's time to stock up on the bookie books.
Why do I choose bookie books and not computer books?
1. I don't have to worry about having to charge up the device.
2. I don't have to worry about squinting to see the screen in bright light when sitting outside.
3. You can trade a bookie book.
4. It can be a talking point when, after 6 weeks living together, conversation starts to dry up.
5. It can get you away from the mountains in more ways than one.
6. I spend enough time looking at screens and it's good to have a break.
I am once again pulling on the Adventure Peaks hat and am bound for Manaslu. Since this peak is entirely in Nepal, I don't expect there to be any problems with visa's or permits :)
All expedition updates will be via the Adventure Peaks News page - whoop!