Tuesday 24 May 2011

waterfalls defying nature i.e. waterstands

I am having my Last Munro Party on Saturday.

Only thing is, I haven't actually finished them yet.

I had specifically planned to get the remaining stragglers done in May.

The weather God obviously knows this and has been making my life miserable for the past 3 weeks.

There is absolutely no way that we could get to Shenavail and Lochivroan was booked out "exclusively to a school group" which left only one option.

A very long day in truly miserable conditions.

10 hours later, having travelled 40km and over 2000m ascent, Di & Derek returned to the car very wet, soggy but with very big grins having climbed the remaining 4 Fisherfields's.

Derek deserves a medal for today - well and truely above and beyond the call of duty.

Derek is also very happy that for Di's last day before the Last One, she will be having a girlie day.  It's not a great forecast, but compared to today, anything will be an improvement!