Monday 14 November 2011

enforced rest

When I got my appendix removed, it took me 2 days before I was doing a winter traverse of Liathach.


When I got my knee operated on, it took me 4 weeks before I was brave enough to ice climb on it.

When I hit a deer and broke my ankle when on the motorbike, it took me about 2 weeks before I was back climbing.

When I bust my knee, for the second time, I had 12 hours rest before climbing the North Face of the Jorrasses.


Derek & Di spent all weekend clipping bolts on home turf and its slightly ironic that on the easiest route of the 2 days - the "warm down" - Di missed the clip and lobbed rather impressively onto a ledge.

Had to properly pull up the man suit to get off the hill - and here's me thinking that clip sticks are used for clipping bolts.....

After 4 hours at A&E getting 2 suspected fractured ankles x-rayed, I was given the all clear.

Give me a week max .....