Tuesday 24 January 2012

ski's are reinstated

Having spent the past 2 weeks either on the flat or being gravitationally assisted, I knew that they first non gravitationally day would be a challenge.


It's ridiculous.

How on earth are you supposed to ski uphill at anything more than a snails pace, when you have to wrap up warm to prevent any form of frostbite?

Needless to say that it wasn't a pretty site.

On a positive note, I actually did put my ski's on at the car park and managed to skin to the top of the hill without having to remove them for a carry.  On an even more positive note, I had a very pleasant descent (on snow) and only needed to carry ski's for a limited spell on the lower slopes.

I am also going to mention Cairngorm/Braemar Mountain Sports who have done an absolutely sterling job of mounting uber light bindings on uber light ski's.  Tesco Finest biscuits will be dropped off very soon.

If you think I am going to risk taking the bases off of them on home turf, you can think again!