Wednesday 27 February 2013

guest blogger

I have been in the flat white polar wastes for 4 months and have just got back. I had the choice the other day of driving to the M6 and either turning right - which would take me to the Alps - or left - to 'Di's Bootcamp' up in Northshire. I turned left. Result!!!

Day two of blue skies, no wind, and great skiing. Yesterday was a perfect introduction with a bit of uplift and LOADS of cake...in fact so much cake, at one point I felt sick....Today was always going to be a bit of a shocker....the photo below shows my desperate attempt to get team turbo to shorten the route and find some mechanical assistance...to no avail....



Today involved Munro's....my legs are now hurting after the most ascent I have done since October...and to add insult to injury, while I was sucking wind and incapable of making conversation due to being hypoxic through trying to make upward progress, Di and Heather were way ahead, mincing along and chatting like they were out for a walk in the park...the injustice of it all.


A most excellent day out with great company - muchos gracias to team turbo of Di, Heather, Derek and Kathy. Aint Scotland brilliant :-)


NB - It was a low cake-intake day today, but the Haribo's got hammered!