Sunday 14 April 2013

Introducing the Allison's

Yesterday I blew the cobwebs off the mountain bike and got completely burnt off by the girls.

Extremely grateful for any section of hike-a-bike since it gave me a chance to catch up.


24 hours later my arse is still sore.

A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of running the LAMM with Susie.  She's a runner, I am not.


© http://www.rightplacerighttime.co.uk

Susie has gone on to great things, but one of the most impressive is the fine publication of "Scottish Trail Running".

So, move over Mr Munro and Mr Corbett and all the other old boys (meant in the nicest possible way obviously), there's a new kid on the scene.

Today, I waddled/tripped/jogged/panted (delete as appropriate) my way around my first Allison - the Wildcat Trail, Newtonmore.  A 10km run with 100m ascent and a few up-to-your-knees river crossings since the Spey had burst its banks!

Only another 69 to go - not looking forward to the 60km route in Knoydart *gulp*