Monday 5 May 2014

It's done - finally ...

team
tiːm/
noun
  1. 1.
    a group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport.


verb
  1. 1.
    come together as a team to achieve a common goal.


I'm actually not quite sure what to say for once.


It was hard.


It would have been hard with 2 good knees.  It would have been hard if I had trained.  It would have been hard if I could have skied downhill.


To go from racing; to not racing; to thinking that I could pull out half way along in Arolla; to somehow finishing the race; I'm probably still slightly in shock. 


Without Catrin and Alison, whom utterly stood by my side from Arolla onwards; to Derek whom really did go beyond the call of duty and supported us not only before but during the race; to James whom encouraged us from start to finish; to everybody (you know who you are) whom provided the words of encouragement; to the tens of other racers who cheered on Team number 1 and the Swiss military, I salute you all - without you, I really wouldn't have got around the course.

F*** it, I'm now going climbing ...