Wednesday 7 May 2014

The instrument of torture

We were supposed to be climbing today, but somebody forgot to mention it to the Weather Gods.

Instead of wobbling our way up the rocks, we wadded through the peat, ming and bog.


In Chamonix, I had my first ever proper massage.  Now we're not talking about the sort of massage when the incense sticks are wafting and the noise of whales are in the background.  We're talking about the sort of massage that hurts - am I supposed to enjoy it?

Anyway, I was properly horrified having been told that "my 6 year old daughter could give you a massage and it would hurt".


Also, I was gently reminded that I probably spent more time repairing my equipment than my body.  So, I have just purchased this thing called 'The Beast' - a foam roller thing - and having used it for the first time tonight, I don't know whether to cry or laugh.