Tuesday 27 January 2015

The growing world of lycra

I think we've come a long way from our very first Skimo race 3 years ago when 18 racers lined up on the starting line.


© Mr Drew Photography

This past Saturday, we had 48 including the GB Skimo Captain and the GB Female Champion.  I'm not quite sure what is funnier, watching the non lycra clad ninjas looking at the lycra clad ninjas or the bystanders who gaze in amazement at a group of people who are about to embark on running around a ski centre.


© Mr Drew Photography

Not impressed that my climbing tools have been gathering dust and I'm genuinely missing hearing the scratching of metal on rock and the swish and thunk as the tools bite into perfect neve.


© Mr Drew Photography

As Scotland starts to embark on the big freeze/thaw cycles, I'm pretty confident that the skis will be pushed to the back of the cupboard and the tools will be activated once again.


© Mr Drew Photography

Once again, why do I do it?  Well, I obviously enjoy myself and moments like these stay with you for a long time.


© Morrocco Media