Friday 13 March 2015

Very big grins

If I am perfectly honest I'm not really a club person.  However, in order to meet like minded people sometimes you just have to take the plunge.


It was Donald from the Inverness Backcountry Snowsport Club that suggested a Friday hit and since the weather had been pretty ming recently I asked to tag along.


So, Hebe, Alastair, Susan and I were most certainly in the right place at the right time.


After a couple of runs down the front face, we switched aspect and were rewarded with a lovely descent down both Summit Gully and Spike Gully - I think that's what they are called - if I am honest my ski knowledge of Aonach Mor is slightly limited to the back corries and Skimo courses.


Lets be honest, when Scotland is good it is brilliant.


Very few climbers out on the East Face of Aonach Mor but good reports coming in from the Ben.


Thanks guys for letting me tag along :)