Wednesday 1 April 2015

And that was that ...

"April comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb".


Plan A involved some steep, exposed terrain - well that wasn't going to happen today.

Plan B involved another big hill day - well that also wasn't going to happen today.

Plan C involved buying a new map (could have got away with my sheet 36 but would have felt a bit of a plum calling the cavalry out to somebody who had walked off the edge) and bagging a corbett.


For the past 2 days Divyesh has pretty much followed me around the hills.  Conversation has been slightly lacking (yup, hard to believe I know) due to the mingness.  

Over the last 2 days we've walked nearly 30 km and a wee bit of ascent and descent.  We've seen 2 people in the hills, lots of grouse and some gorgeous mountain hares.

And that was that, I'm pretty gutted to finish my winter work this season - it really has been the season that keeps giving.  Ok, I'm sure that there will be some excellent spring adventures on the Ben but in terms of winter, that's me hanging up my goggles.


Yeh right, have you seen how much snow there is?  You must be having a laugh if you thought for one minute my winter was over.  Whoopdy whoop!  Roll on tomorrow #blackcrows