Wednesday 6 April 2016

Farewell Scottish winter workeepoos

We were all expecting another white room today but the sun shone between the squalls of hailstones and snow.  Divyesh and Kate discovered that crampons are also useful on slippery snow as we went onto slightly steeper terrain today.


Kate took us to the bottom of the route, Di took us up the route and Divyesh took us home.  From the top of the route, there is something very satisfying when you say to a team: "Take me home please" and they do so [sometimes you have to look beyond the terror in the eyes].


So, as Divyesh and Kate took me home, I plodded at the back, took some photo's and thought what another awesome Scottish winter season we have had.


My Scottish winter work has now sadly come to an end and this is where I normally pack away my winter working gear for a well earned rest.  Not this year however, I'll let them have a couple of months of rest and then they will most certainly be coming out to play for a very big badass mountain. A mountain so badass that it hasn't even got a name, just one letter and one number. #catoutofthebag