Friday 16 June 2017

A change of pace

I have been home for nearly 3 weeks now.  During that time I have been in, on and around the mountains but have had no urge to bimble up one Corbett or one Munro.  If I am honest, there very nearly were 2 Munro's on the cards, but the weather was pants so we went biking instead.  I have absolutely loved enjoying my extended backdoor playground and discovering bits that I never knew existed.


I feel as if I have done nothing but walk up hills since the start of winter and it is nice to have a complete change and recharge the batteries.


This summer, K2 was back on the cards, but for lots of reasons that's been pushed back for a year so I found myself with a very empty diary.  However, with a return back out to the Himalaya's for another 8000m and a 7000m peak towards the end of summer and all of autumn, for some strange reason I haven't had the urge to fill up the diary with work.


So, what does a girl do with an empty diary ......  Well, I could fill it up with work since that would be the grown up thing to do but life is too short :)


A plan has been hatched which will definitely involve something new (slightly nervous but excited at the same time), most certainly rock shoes, crampons and axes, ropes and helmets.  I was going to say no early starts and no shivering on cold belay ledges but that's a lie.


Not wanting to wish my life away, I have another 7 days of awesomeness planned on home turf before I drive south and certainly will not be stopping until it is very hot and I can justify eating 2 ice creams per day.